Sunday, October 17, 2004

READ BEFORE POSTING! IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS!

Hello everybody!

First of all, my apologies for not posting the readings for this week sooner. Things got hectic, and I'm chagrined to say that it slipped my mind. In truth, it slipped my mind several times.

That said, please don't worry about reading the Junot Diaz interview, as I obviously did not post it in a timely manner. If you would like to take a look at the interview either now or later on, however, the interview is titled "Fiction is the Poor Man's Cinema: An Interview with Junot Diaz," by Diogenes Cespedes and Silvio Torres-Saillant, and it can be located via Project Muse in the USD Electronic Research Databases.

The second part of the announcement is that I'd like to have you bring hard copies of your response papers to class as usual, but hold off posting your blog responses to Drown for the time being. I'd like to try having the blog postings go up after the class meets this week to see if that creates a preferable discussion dynamic.

It's been suggested, and I think I agree, that perhaps you may feel as if you've already shared your salient discussion points with the class via the blog and that reiterating these points verbally in the class may feel somewhat duplicative/redundant. This is the first time I've used a course blog to post weekly response papers before the class meets in this way, and having taken things under consideration, I think that we may, perhaps, be going into the discussions somewhat "overprepared."

We can discuss this as a class a bit further on Tuesday. See you then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home